Bugs/suggestions of the current release

The plan to keep the builder as an offline thing is a good idea, the builder doesn’t rely on the internet that keeps the experience just smooth and quick than online.

Thought to share the bugs and my few suggestions.

29.07.2021_21.12.06_REC

Whenever we import a project with Migrate ticked on, this pops up.
If the migrate button is ticked, this should appear or a different message instead “The system will try to migrate the project. But there may be compatibility issues”.

The statement “This project saved with a new version of Appzard” doesn’t fit the situation. The user is already aware that the project is from a different source/builder.

When renaming the project, it gets stuck at the rename window sometimes. The cancel or the okay button doesn’t function anything (disabled) sometimes and it’s stuck.

I have imported two test projects that have a button when clicked shows a toast.
In one of the projects, the text input for the ShowAlert was empty.

When clicked on the Appzard logo, it redirects to appzard.com. It should instead be taking to the list of projects.

While copying a screen from a migrated project an error occurs.

“An error occured while copying your screen.”

3 Likes

Sometimes there is an error when clicked on the CameraViewer component from the blocks section.

notes = Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:90.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/90.0
foundIn = v185a-450-g28796bbe-dirty
faultData = com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: Exception caught: (TypeError) : formName is undefined
projectId = 4925812092436480

When there are components arranged in the following order:

Then just a blanks screen appears as below.

AndroTest.aia (1.8 KB)

29.07.2021_21.48.19_REC

The height and width property setter should be improved I guess.

1 Like

29.07.2021_21.52.29_REC

The show non-visible components doesn’t do anything. It’s redundant.

The set elevation block in the decoration component doesn’t do anything.

This error frequently arises with all components.

The base64 tools should not be in the cryptography component. It doesn’t provide any kind of encryption. Also, I don’t see any way to set a key for the AES 156/256 encryption and decryption.

2 Likes

Hello @Kumaraswamy , thanks for reporting these suggestions to us!

Yes, we will work on improving this message.

I’ll check into this bugs and report you back.

This was created by design in accordance with appinventor’s design, we will check the possibility of changing it.

This is because of the CameraViewer, which fills the whole screen, even if there’s any other components, setting it to another width or full parent should work.

Sure, we will work on improving it.

Last time i used it it worked. I will look back into it.

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Search Option for Block Editor and Bug Report

1- When using companion the properties tab loses its width.
2- On smaller screens (laptop) the name of the components is over-assembled, it does not affect the performance, but it is not pretty in builder aesthetics.

1- On larger screens, it seems to me that the responsiveness of the builder is not quite right or not working as it should.
2- Also there are data that the letter looks very small that you can hardly read and you have to enlarge it to see it well.

Thanks, this have been changed in the next update.

I will see how we could make this work better.

1 Like